With the concrete foundations laid, the structure is taking shape. The builders are working hard to construct the facility and the steel vertical columns are next on the list. This is a solid foundation designed to withstand the type of earthquake that previously devastated the country.
Trustees have been busy, as although the hospital is the paramount focus the charity continues to be dedicated to providing Medical expertise to Pakistan as a whole.
– As you know I was recently helping with Surgeries in Sind improving Maternal and Women’s Health
– A clinic has been identified in Mirpur and currently be furnished to provide medical care to the poor of outer Mirpur. although you may think of Mirpur as affluent there is still a need for charitable medical care in the region
So what do we need this year, 2010, for the hospital….the target we have set ourselves is £300,000
The following functions are planned and I would like to ask your help with each of these cities, to see if you can be involved to further the cause.
- 2 more functions planned in Canada this year
- 6th June 2010 Derby event (afternoon event)
- 19th June 2010 Luton event Dr Asrar to lead
- 10th July 2010 Nottingham event/Shafqat to lead
- 17th July 2010 Stoke event/Rahim to lead
Books are also being printed containing glossy slips that will be given out at £5 per slip. If you wish to dedicate parts of the hospital to loved ones or in the name of organisations, please drop me an email. Please help and volunteer, we need you!
Chair Midland Doctors Association UK and Consultant Surgeon